 Robotics / Handy Board / 5473
  Re: Robot base

I built a base for $50, including tools. It was made out of L-channel metal girder. It had 2 drive motors, bought surplus, from those kid-cars ($12 apiece). There's a caster as the third wheel ($4), and I have a 12v 4a battery ($10) plus metal ($10) (...) (26 years ago, 12-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Robot base

This is why "economy" robot base builders go broke. I'm not picking on Phil here, I'm using his message to make a point that a lot of people miss ... Phil here built a base with one of a kind (aka surplus) parts, didn't charge for his own labor and (...) (26 years ago, 12-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)