 Robotics / Handy Board / 5450
Re: Disaster :-(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 13:22:51 GMT

it's extremely unlikely that removing a battery will have done any
harm.

which program precisely are you using to download the pcode?  you
should be using HBDL.EXE or DL.EXE or DLM.EXE.  you should be trying
to download PCODE_HB.S19.

also, make sure your board is in "bootstrap download mode" when you
begin the download.  this is done by holding down the stop switch
while turning the board on.

fred

In your message you said:
Hi all,
            Help, I suspect that my handy board is dead..:-(
I had it running at work and my boss pulled a battery out of the pack
while a program was running. I now have the black squares across the
top row indicating that there is no pcode or program loaded. I noticed that
the black squares used to flicker at about the same rate as the
heart beat but now they are solid..

When I try to download pcode the green power led beats at the same rate
as the SER led. After about two or maybe three seconds the LEDs go solid
and the download program (I use icw and my boss the DOS version and
we have tried both ) reports board not responding.. About ten attempts and
nothing works...

My boss has a CRO and multimeter. What information could I
provide to assist in working out what is wrong ?

Regards,

Regan
www.users.bigpond.net.au/rrussell