 Robotics / Handy Board / 545
Re: How to disable ROM on E9 part?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 1996 19:01:22 GMT

From fredm@media.mit.edu  Mon Jul  1 21:32:56 1996

something is wrong with your board.

2nd, you should not have 1.4v on the CPU when pwr is off.  i don't
have a board handy to measure it, but this is not good.

Thanks Fred.

Turned out I had a damaged MAX232 chip on the charger board that was
powering up the handyboard via the TXD or RXD line.  Once the chip
was removed the 1.4V on the handyboard went away.

I believe this also damaged the HC11, so now have to look for another.
Anybody have some inexpensive HC11's for sale?  I need an mc68hc811e2fn
for the miniboard, something cheaper for the HandyBoard.

Curt, WE7U. http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
hacker@tc.fluke.com archer@eskimo.com we7u@we7u.ampr.org