 Robotics / Handy Board / 5445
5444  |  5446
Subject:
Large circuit construction - How?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 02:32:02 GMT

Hi All

What is a good method to build circuits with say 5-10 ICs or more (say 14
to 20 pins on each IC) and assoicated discretes?

I have been able to construct on Rat Shack et al copper proto boards
circuits with 1 or 2 ICs and point to point wiring (I used wire-wrap wire
hand cut to length), but for larger projects this method leaves lots to be
desired!  I wish to use the large circuits with my Handy Board.  Bread
boards are not too portable and things fall out! Wire wrap sockets seem to
offer too much potential for shorting something out (like my HB!).

There are many neat circuits on the web but I have found little on
constuction methods.

Thanks!

Keith