 Robotics / Handy Board / 5391
Re: Dinsmore Compass 1490
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 20:51:03 GMT

The Dinsmore 1490 (basically a Hall effect unit) reports the 8 cardinal
compass points, a 45 degree precsion (N-NE-E-SE-S-SW-W-NW). If you
wanted more precision then you have to upgrade to the Dinsmore 1525 or
1655 which produce analog signals. They cost $35 each. By the time you
bought the associated components to interface it you will have invested
more than what the Precision Navigation V2X with costs ($49.95) which is
very simple to interface with readily available source code.

Just a thought.
Ranjit

Gustav Schulz wrote:

Hi,

I found this on the internet, and I wanted to know if anyone
is using it:

http://dinsmoregroup.com/dico/1490spec.htm

They produce a digital Compass which is very cheap ($12  only).
Anyone already used such a compass ?
Is there a way to get such a compass working with
the HandyBoard ?

Thanks in advance!

Bye, Simon

--