 Robotics / Handy Board / 5253
  ** voltage dropping and current limitting**

Hello out there, I have a 24 vdc supply, how can I drop the voltage to about 13 or 14 volts? Would I use resistors across the supply? Or what??? Thanks in advance. -Michael (26 years ago, 26-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: ** voltage dropping and current limitting**

(...) Use an LM317T adjustable voltage regulator and 2 resistors. If you can't find a data sheet on it on the net somewhere, someone should be able to give you the formulas for figuring out the resistors. Find national semiconductor on the net and (...) (26 years ago, 26-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: ** voltage dropping and current limitting**

(...) Look in an older edition of The Art of Electronics by Horowitz and Hill. They use the LM317 as an example voltage regulator, explain the resistor values, and provide a data sheet in the appendix. This is a very useful reference book for all (...) (26 years ago, 27-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)