 Robotics / Handy Board / 525
Re: downloading
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 17:42:32 GMT

From: "Dirk W. Edmonds" <dedmonds@cs.umn.edu>

I, too, have had problems downloading pcode to the latest handy board I
have built.  I have replaced every ic with the ic's from a working handy
board, and have tested each trace from all 4 of the ic's that were
installed (6811, 132, 62256 and the one beneath it (I forget the number)).
If you know of something else to try, it would be greatly appreciated.

One thing I did see but can't figure out is that the E clock looks "bad"
(with the oscilloscope) on this board (even using a 6811 that came from a
working handy board).  I.e. it is not a symmetrical square wave, and there
are some pieces which go "down" while most go "up".  THis is sort of how it
looks:

   ___    _        __
             |_|

The crystal output looks fine, and I am not aware of any other external parts
that can affect a 6811's E clock output.  Any ideas?

I would say you should check for a short between the E Clock and another trace.

Curt Mills, WE7U.
hacker@tc.fluke.com
archer@eskimo.com
we7u@we7u.ampr.org