 Robotics / Handy Board / 5195
5194  |  5196
Subject:
New comer to HB mailing list
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 02:18:45 GMT

Hello, everyone!

I just joined to Handy Board mailing list and sincerely hope to
exchange useful information and experience to enhance
our daily joy with Handy Board.

I am considering a kind of intelligent self recharging system of my
robot. When He(or It) get certain low level of power, He looks for
battery charging station of my lab  and move, hit the charging
pole provided large contacts of "+' and "-" and stop and get
charged until certain charge level of power.
In this case, I have to stop my robot when He hit the front bumper
switch against charging pole.
The following basic code doesn't make my robot stop, continuing
of running of left(motor 0) ,right motor(motor 1) even if closing
of bumper switch contact in the front end of my robot.
Could you please check any error if I get?

void main (void)

  {
      while (digital(7)==0) {   /* digital(7) input: bumper switch
                            connection with normal open contact   */

             printf("Hey, you look for power station?!");

                 fd (0);

                 fd (1);
        }

   }