 Robotics / Handy Board / 5155
5154  |  5156
Subject:
ROVER
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 20:37:39 GMT

Dear Friends,
    I had written to you about a rover we are making at VESIT-Bombay
-India.We had encountered some problems regarding downloading the
pcode_hb.s19 file.I thank you for the advice that you have offered us in
this context.
    If we now download the pcode_hb.s19 file, the green LED
(SER) on the charger/interfacer board and the green LED (PWR) on the
handyboard both blink visibly.Also, we receive message on main computer
screen telling that the monitor program,etc has been downloaded. After the
downloading is over, the green PWR LED remains on.We then restart the board
using a switch present on the board.During this process the PWR LED goes off
and comes on again.We find that the speaker does not beep and the LCD
welcome message does not appear.Instead we get two rows
of black squares.
    Attempts to boot Interactive C fails as it only says
'synchronising with board' and hangs.We have checked all ICs and found
that they have been properly placed in their sockets.No IC gets hot
during this process.
   The configuration for IC(interactive C) is as follows:
library directory:/ic/lib/
library file:/ic/lib/lib_hb.lis
port:com1

The library directory contains lib_hb.c , .asm , .icb.
    Can someone tell us what might be the possible solution to this
problem?
  Also it was mentioned in the handy board assembly manual that
there was some custom test software being prepared for testing memory.
Is the software ready and from where can it be downloaded?
Yours Sincerely,
    Nitin