 Robotics / Handy Board / 5131
5130  |  5132
Subject:
Help with Power Scheme, Please...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 23:01:45 GMT

Hi Everybody,

I'm trying to hook-up the Handy Board, an R/C car chassis, and a wireless camera
together, and here's what I was planning to do about the power...

                        +---------------+
   +--------------------------------------------|  Handy Board  +------+
   |                 +12v           +----+-----+----+      |
   |  +---------------------+          |     |        |
    +------+--| 1N4001 Diode String |----------------+       |     |        |
    |    |  +---------------------+   +09v       |     + |     | -         |
    | +    |  +---------------------+          |  +----+-----+----+      |
+---+---+  +--| 1N4001 Diode String |--------------+ |  | R/C DC Motors |      |
|  12V  |     +---------------------+   +05v      | |  +---------------+      |
|Battery|            | |                |
|  04A |     +---------------------+   -05v       | |  +---------------+      |
+---+---+  +--| 1N4001 Diode String |------------+ | +--| Video  Camera |----+ |
    |      |  +---------------------+            | | |  +---------------+    | |
    |    |  +---------------------+   -09v     | | |  +---------------+    | |
    +------+--| 1N4001 Diode String |----------+ | | +--| Video  Transm |----+ |
   |  +---------------------+          | | |    +---------------+    | |
           |                            -12v   | | |    +---------------+    | |
   +---------------------------------+ | | +----|  R/C  Servos  |--+ | |
             | | |      +---------------+  | | |
     | | +-------------------------+ | |

1 - Is the whole thing correct, from an EE stand point ?
2 - Is there a problem in having a battery with far more Amps than necessary?
3 - Could a battery with high Amperage "push" too much current ?
4 - Could the R/C DC motors draw too much current and "harm " the HB ?
5 - What kind of dynamo/combustion motor (r/c) size, combination would be
    necessary to feed a 12v in/out battery recharger (with auto trickle charge)?

Thank you in advance,

Andre Philippi.