 Robotics / Handy Board / 5129
Re: TI SN754410
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 07:02:09 GMT

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999 21:16:13 +0100, Tone wrote:

Hi,

  this must have been asked before. But where can I get the TI SN754410
from On-line ordering if possible or a UK supplier.

I don't know of a supplier for the SN754410, but the originally
specified L239D is readily available from:

Maplins (code No. AH80B) for 3.99 UKP inc VAT, or

Farnell (code No. 699809) for 5.04 UKP + VAT

If you can't find the TI chip try doubling up on the L293D by piggybacking them
on top of each other for added amps. You can use one L293D with an additional
L293 on top of it (the 'D' has protection diodes that you MUST have). You may
need to provide motor power to the chip separately because the traces on the
Handyboard may not handle that much current (from a previous discussion, I do
not know firsthand)

Mike