 Robotics / Handy Board / 5119
RE: interface problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 15:44:51 GMT

This can take a long time.
Start by making sure that the cable is correct. You can do this by
changing the Rx and Tx lines. If this does not help de Maxim serial
driver can be faulty. Last check the solder joints.I once looked at them
and could not see anything wrong. I reheated them with a soldering iron
and it worked.

Good luck
Ronald

----------
From: SHETTI.NITIN.MANGESH[SMTP:shettin@giasbmc.vsnl.net.in]
Sent: donderdag 14 januari 1999 1:19
To: handyboard@media.mit.edu

Dear Friends,
    We, at VESIT ,Bombay,India are making a rover which is
capable
of navigating itself and avoiding obstacles.For this,we are using the

handy board.The soldering work has been completed and we are now
trying to
use 'download software' with it.
    In the handy board assembly manual it has been said that
inorder to check the charger/interfacing circuit, connect only the
that
circuit(charger/interfacer) without the handy board to the host
computer
using a appropriate modem cable (RS232).Then the charger/interface
board
has to be powered causing the red LED(PWR) to glow. Next,the download
software has to be run. At this stage the green LED on the board
should
glow up indicating transmission of data (or readiness to transmit
data).We
are finding that the green LED(SER) does not glow in our
circuit.(please
refer to section 3.3.2 of the hba.pdf file for more explanation)
    We are therefore unable to find whether this particular
board
is working and hence we cannot risk connecting the handy board to the
charger/interfacer board.
    Can someone please tell me what are the possible reasons
causing
this to occur?Please reply as soon as possible as we have to begin
testing
the program to run the rover.
Yours Sincerely,
    Nitin