 Robotics / Handy Board / 5095
5094  |  5096
Subject:
DL problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 15:52:01 GMT

   I put together the HB shortly after it first became available.   This is
key because it worked-downloading and  all.
   I put it down for a year because of family problems but all that time left
it plugged in because of the Ni-cad.   I feel that should make no difference
but now to the problem.   IT WILL not tale a download no how no way.   My MAC
OS  8 comjper will not see the Handy Board or often will load 255 bytes but
not the 256th-the last one.
  If one tried 15 times the init board from the Freeware IC it would take that
so I was running IC 2.81 1993.
  I then got the Commercial; version from Newton Labs and now nothing.
Interestingly-and maybe a pointer to the problem-with the IC3.1-when I try to
reload the P code-the HB's green light will NOT go out as it must for the HB
to be in Downloadmode.(IT still stays on for a 1/3 of sec. with the freeware
version but will not take DL anymore no matter how many times I try.   I just
bought a new telephone 4 wire cable-it makes no difference.

  When you try a DL you see the blinking green light on the serial interface-
the Maxam chip seems to have the proper voltages.

I  STUMPED-bad 32k memory? The only other clue was using the the MC
downloader-and at one point I got an error message  Apple talk driver open
error-port not configured-but Apple talk was not on nor is it ever.  I have
not been the MC dopwnloader-I just tried it to see-  none of the DLer maske
any difference

  Any help Greatly appreciated   Cappy Anderson