 Robotics / Handy Board / 5092
Re: Wireless Handyboard Link ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 23:00:50 GMT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Aaron Edsinger <aarone@sirius.com>
    To: handy <handyboard@media.mit.edu>
    Date: Sunday, January 10, 1999 1:04 PM
    Subject: Wireless Handyboard Link ?

    Hello,
            I am investigating createing a wireless serial link between my PC
and handyboard.  The cheapest solution I've found is the RF module from
Lynxmotion.  Does anyone have any experience with this, or perhaps suggestions
for simpler or more reliable solutions.  I found in the archives a mention of
using a IrDa module from TI.  What is this?

    Thanks,
                Aaron

I too am interested in this;  I have been looking at the RF modules at
http://www.linxtechnologies.com/ their modules are cheaper and offer a wider
range of options.  They also have a sample application note that shows how to
implement a simple packet based protocol with error correction.  The big problem
with their setup is that you must purchase an expensive "evaluation" kit prior
to placing orders for the real modules.  the modules are cheap; the eval kits
have 2 RX / 2 TX modules, a development board, documentation.

Regards,
Mark Williamson

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED: