 Robotics / Handy Board / 5088
5087  |  5089
Subject:
Failure to Boot Up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 20:35:54 GMT

I recently purchased the Handy Board 1.2 and am running the HC11E1FN.  I
also purchased the IC compiler from Newton Research Labs.  Everything worked
great.

I hooked up a hobby servo to PA7 and it ran well with the supplied c
routines.  However, after disconnecting the servo, when I tried to use PA7
to develop some sonar routines, it wouldn't respond to the following code:

Bit_set(0x1026, 0b10000000);
Bit_set(0x1000, 0b10000000);

I checked it with the vom and it stayed low the whole time even during
interactive commands.  Then I ran the testdigitals() function in the
hbtest.c set and the digital input 2 (starting with 0) would show logic 1
(active low) regardless of what I did.

Now this morning, when I turn on the power, all I get is a clicking sound
from the piezo speaker.

I have exhaustively looked for shorts and poor solders.  I have re-soldered
5 or 10 pins just to make sure.  I swapped out the 74HC244 to see if he was
the culprit, no avail.

Can anyone give me some steps from here?  Ask me some questions, I'm
stumped.

Thanks.

Ted Mylenbusch
Amylen@worldnet.att.net