 Robotics / Handy Board / 5078
RE: hexipod walker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 11:20:02 GMT

I previously posted information on the list about the controller and
chassis that I am intending on using for my six legged walker so
checking the archives may be useful.
I am using an MSCC11 from Novasoft as a servo controller, I don't
believe the HB on it's own can handle the workload of controlling 12
servos without help. The MSCC11 is also HC11 based and it is loaded with
a servo controller program which is specifically designed to control a
six legged walkers servos. It can actually control a total of 16 servos
but only 12 are used for walking. The HB communicates with the
controller via a standard serial comms. The controller only requires
input so you could use the software write to drive a serial line from
one of the output pins. If you are going to use a standard serial cable
(ie. bi-directional comms) the controller can also return analogue
values.
I haven't built the walker yet as I need more servos and I need a few
more components to finish the HB but running the controller from a PC
with a terminal emulator the controller works with very little input
from the PC so when using the HB you would be able to have it doing
other things.
If you want any more info you can contact me direct or via the list.

Hope this helps.

John Hatton