 Robotics / Handy Board / 5039
5038  |  5040
Subject:
sensors input
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 19:06:57 GMT

hi  everyone,

i have tried to configure a set of sensors used for sensoring the wall in
the maze.

the circuitry of each of the sensors is:
                         +5V        +5V
                        -----      -----
                          |          |
                          |          |
                          \          \
                          /          /
               R1=82 ohm  \          \ R2=120Kohms
                          /          /
                          |          |
                          |          |
                       -------      |/
         IR emitter      \./        |\ IR receiver
                        -----        |
                          |          |
                          |          |
                         ---        ---
                         GND        GND

the IR sensor is sharing the same +5V source and the same ground. but when i
assembly 16 of them together, the habdyboard will immediately switch to
reset mode. so i tried to troubleshoot by only connecting the digital sensor
port and it works. but after about 2mins, the HB switch to reset mode again.
the same situation happen when i tried with the analog port only.

i like to know what is wrong and how to solve. could it be the wire is short
or the circuitry is faulty? or could it be the HB cannot supply enough
current to the sensors ?
please help! i am really at my wits end.

michael