 Robotics / Handy Board / 5029
Re: Downloading problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 15:02:36 GMT

I haad similar problems and then I realized that I did not need to
download pcode or anything special.  I just ran IC and it connected -- all
the ports are working fine...

Scott Sherman

On Sat, 26 Dec 1998 Ipsofac@aol.com wrote:

Fred
  This is a followup to your answer regarding downloading problems

     1.  The 6811 Downloader does not seem to work with HB.  I get mesaages
varying from recieved 0, wanted 255-or serial port not responding.  I am DL
from a MAC PPC 6500 OS 8.

2.  This HB when built 2.5 years ago ALWAYS  worked useing DL's from a
Mac11si  OS7.1

As I speak-the LCD of the HB shows Interactive C V2.81 9/28/93 along with the
beating heart-indicative, according to my understanding, that we are ready to
go.

3.  If that is the case-however-I show no libs-hb.lis, hb.c, and hb.icb plus
hbtestc.   I HAVE been able-or I should say- HB DowloaderMC will DL these
files if I can trust the green blinking light on the HB serial interface.

4. But-when I then use printer IC console-I show no reference to the software
referenced in #2.   It will not run any of ther hb.test.c functions.   It will
run other functions from the 2.53 IC library such as bicycle.c

5.  I am positive it is not running completely but would have to admit I have
no explanation why it run some software and not others parts-for example
testmotors(),

Would the purchase of IC-commercial help out-something I plan to do but am
loath to do until I am sure everything is kosher.  I am suspicious of the
downloading process because sometime  IC2.53  INIT Board works-sometimes it
doesn't.  The lites on the HB respond the way they should-hold stop-turn off-
turn back on with the red and green LEDs on for 1/3 of a sec-then off.  Thanks
Cappy Anderson