 Robotics / Handy Board / 5022
5021  |  5023
Subject:
Downloading problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 26 Dec 1998 01:40:06 GMT

I assembled the HB board some 2.5 years ago.  At that time it seemed to work
very well.  The hook is that I'm quite strong on the Hardware side and rather
anemic with regard to software.
  In the earlier time I would download it from a Mac 11si-no problems.  I
shelved the HB but am now again very interested.  During that time of dormancy
I left the HB plugged in.

The problem now:  I am useing a Mac PPC-6500.  I cannot seem to download
Lib_hb.asm, lib_hb.lis, lib_hb.c or lib_hb_icb, or hb.test.c >  My
documentation says that these programs are required for the HB to run
correctly.

It will add numbers, print things in the LCD, play bicycle.c

IT WILL NOT load hb.test.c, as I mentioned & then go to testmotors();  making
the LED"S flash
Useing INIT printer(part of the IC 2853-Rev 2.1)-that works some times but
usually times out.   Just
useing IC printer always works.  The 6811 Dowloader does not seem to ever work
while the other one-I dowloaded today does but when I used it for HBtest.C-it
dowm loaded but then then I went to IC2.853 and the console said it wasn't
there.  Or what will happen if I happen to get hbtest.c loaded(it doesn't list
it) but will say error at line 48 and line 52 etc etc.
  When you're hardware saavy but not software-it's almost impossible to know
which end is up. Any asssists  greatly apppreciated.

  Either I'm not there it's not there.    Cappy Anderson,  York, ME