 Robotics / Handy Board / 5013
RE: expansion board - servo control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 06:55:27 GMT

I also saw a similar problem while experimenting with an Atmel microcontroller
and a Futuba servo. My problem ended up being that I had forgotten to have a
common ground between the controller and the servo. Once I connected the grounds
everything worked like a charm.

Mike

I've had a similar problem, make sure your servo power is fully charged.  An

undercharged system will sometimes drive all the way one way.

Mike Ross

----------
From:
shsc9801@condor.stcloudstate.edu[SMTP:shsc9801@condor.stcloudstate.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 1998 8:04 AM
To: handyboard@media.mit.edu
Subject: expansion board - servo control

Hello,

I emailed this to the handy board list and got one response. I am
mailing
it back hoping that I can get some more responses from those on the
list
and perhaps fred.

Hi,

I stopped working with the handyboard for a while but just started • back up
again.  I put the expansion board onto my handyboard and began • testing it.
After testing the general tests done before with just the • handyboard I
started testing the servo ports.

I am having some trouble with controlling the ports though.  When I • enter
init_expbd_servos(int action); from the computer via IC, the motor • turns
completely clockwise.  It does not matter what my integer is as • long as it
is not zero.  I am not sure what the action variable should be in • any case.
I also am unable to change the direction of the servo no matter • what action
value is given or what value I give servo0, the port that the motor • is
plugged into.

Can anyone give me any suggestions as to how to control the servo?

Thanks,

Scott Sherman
shsc9801@condor.stcloudstate.edu
ACS