 Robotics / Handy Board / 4953
4952  |  4954
Subject:
LCD configs (was:Suppliers and rf link)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 18:53:03 GMT

Nuts & Volts magazine caries lots of adds for just the sort of thing you
need (www.nutsvolts.com).  I wanted to mention here the 2 X 16 and 2 X 20 LCD
displays which are on sale for $8.00 each at
www.flat-panel.com.

I just wanted to voice a warning of sorts.  I ordered the 2 X 16 LCD from
them and the pinout is slightly different.  Instead of a single line of
14 pins:

  x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

They come with a dual inline 2x7 pin configuration:

  x x x x x x x
  x x x x x x x

I believe they're compatible otherwise.  But you will have to make a
rather nasty cable to connect the LCD to the Handyboard.

Perhaps someone could make a board with tracings and pin headers (male)
that would connect the two - a sort of sandwich of sorts.  The 2x7 pin
out seems to be fairly common these days.  Perhaps even the new
"expansion board" that Fred and company are working on could contain an
alternate pinout for 2x7 LCDs.

john calhoun-