 Robotics / Handy Board / 4950
4949  |  4951
Subject:
config download problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 11:07:10 GMT

Hi
I am building a handyboard from scratch after finding it on the net.
I actually purchased two pcb's from Douglas Electronics. An aside, they
were great to deal with answering all my questions promptly and
efficiently.

I built the first hb and had download problems, so I decided to build
the second hb pcb.

I have built the second board up to  section 4.4 serial line and stop
switch section. I am using a hb pcb v1.2 and an mc68hc11e1cfn3
microcontroller.

I have connected up the hb serial interface board to the hb and put the
hb into download mode ie hold the stop button down and turn the hb board
on. I thought I would burn the config register first before downloading
the pcode_hb.s19 file.

To avoid windows95 problems etc I have booted up my pentium with a
floppy that has msdos 5 loaded on it. No fancy autoexec's or config
files etc, just bog standard command.com.

I have issued the following instructions and got the following output:

a>dlm config0c.s19 -eeprom -port COM2
DLM: 6811 File DOwnloader with intelligetnt EEPROM burn by Fred Martin
portions (c) 1992 by Randy Sargent
Version 2.4 Jun 8 1995 05:47:06

Downloading to EEPROM
Using COM2
Downloading config0c.s19, press ESC to abort
Downloading eeprom loader to RAM at 1200 baud...
........--------------------------
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
512 total bytes(boot loader done)

Synchronizing with board ok
Sending config0c.s19 at 9600 baud
Board memory error: wanted 0c, got 3e at address 103f
Board synchronization error.

I have done this twice as instructed on page 9 of the "assembling the
handy board" jan 2 1997 edition.

Has anyone got any suggestions.

I notice that  downloading of the config0c.s19 file, I had text
displayed in my netscape browser (under win95). I saved this text as the
config0c.s19 file. Is this normal or could some funny bytes been
included in my config0c.s19 file.

Thanks in advance.
steve treagust
adelaide