 Robotics / Handy Board / 4948
4947  |  4949
Subject:
Is my serial interface shot?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 19:30:01 GMT

I get the message "Board disconnected or not responding" when I try to run ic.
(The board was working fine before).So I tried to re load the pcode, but I
have run into a slight problem:
With the serial interface disconnected, I hold down the stop button, turn the
handyboard on, and both green and red leds go off. This is a good sign that
the board has gone into download mode.
Now here's the catch: If I have the serial interface connected and repeat the
procedure, the green led stays on, and I get the message " Wrong port or board
mode"
I am using the same modem cable I have been using, so the cable is not the
problem. Also, When I turn off the handyboard both leds are off, indicating
that there is no problem with the memory circuit.
I replaced the max232 chip on the serial interface, and get the same results.
Could my serial interface be shot?
Thanks for your help.
Dave.