 Robotics / Handy Board / 494
    hall effect —Jeff Keyzer
    I'm trying to stick a shaft encoder on one of the wheels of my robot. In a search for the best way to do this, my current idea is to use a hall effect sensor, as has been recommended to me in the past. I've got a couple questions... First, where (...) (28 years ago, 11-Jun-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: hall effect —Fred G. Martin
     There is a wiring diagram for a typical Hall Effect sensor included in the sensors/motors notes on the web site. -F (28 years ago, 11-Jun-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: hall effect —Mike McGargle
   Hi Ya, I'm looking at the Digi-Key catalog (also availible at (URL) and they have several flavors of rotary encoders from $3.38 (24 pulses/360 degree mechanical encoder) to $41.20 (128 pulses/360 degree optical encoder) with the cheapest optical (...) (28 years ago, 15-Jun-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: hall effect —Chuck McManis
   I've found the Hall Effect switches that All Electronics sells to be quite useful. Their part number is the HESW-2 and they are 75 cents each, or 10 for $6.50. (100 for $60.00). They are easily activated by the micro magnets that Radio Shack sells (...) (28 years ago, 15-Jun-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)