 Robotics / Handy Board / 4915
4914  |  4916
Subject:
persistent var's in IC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 18:42:17 GMT

Has anyone had problames with the Handyboard, IC 3.2 and 'persistent'
variables?

the following declaration works fine :

persistent float i;

but using an array:

persistent float battery_voltage[ 320 ];

always causes an error while downloading :

IC> load charge.c
Reloading charge.c.
Initializing interrupts
Downloading 1552 bytes (addresses 8000-860F): 1552 loaded
Downloading 76 bytes (addresses 8610-865B): 76 loaded
Downloading 1627 bytes (addresses 865C-8CB6): 1627 loaded
Board synchronization error: sent 119, received 12
Unloading charge.c.
#done

Otherwise, I very rarely see any "Board synchronization" problems
with downloading, and the above is very repeatable, leading me to
believe IC doesn't like the persistent float array.

Thanks.

Michael T. Gansler
BOSCH  -- K1-Fh/ESC1 -- VDC Systems
(248) 848-2489