 Robotics / Handy Board / 4907
Re: start_process() questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 01:10:06 GMT

Shiva Sinha wrote:

I'm using start_process() to run a set of processes. My questions() are:

1. does start_process() re-initailize all the called process's (local)
variables every time it calls the process?

Yes.  The subroutine acts just like any other function that you call.

2. If the process does not complete before its alloted time, does it
continue from where it ended (from the previous call), or start at the
beginning again?

Once you do a start_process, that subroutine will run indepently and
concurrently with your main program.  It does not "run out of time"...  it will
continue to run until it completes.  You do not want to call start_process again
(unless you know the subroutine has finished and you want it to run again)
because then you would have two independent copies of the subroutine both
running.

I ask these questions because I have code that runs normally for the first
few seconds, then suddenly goes through the processes much faster.

No doubt this is because you are starting multiple copies of the process as I
mentioned above.

Good luck,
/Max