 Robotics / Handy Board / 4873
Re: Assembler math/PID
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 05:40:56 GMT

Justin,
            Thanks for your reply.  I assume you had one process doing the
PID in a tight loop, and then had other concurrent processes doing other
tasks.  Was there ever a problem with the PID process not getting scheduled
within the 1Khz system interrupt timeframe?

I was thinking of setting up an external interrupt faster than 1Khz, and was
concerned that depeding on the IC process scheduler may limit any gains of a
faster interrupt.

Aaron

-----Original Message-----
From: J.D.Gullotta.. <gulloj@rpi.edu>
To: Aaron Edsinger <aarone@sirius.com>
Date: Thursday, December 03, 1998 6:27 PM
Subject: Re: Assembler math/PID

yes,

what i did was i used the assembler code to reset a global variable that
allows the IC code to execute.  the IC code executes and sets the
variable, not allowing the IC code to be executed again until the
assembler code runs again (mind you, the IC code is in a loop).  this
allows the IC code to be run periodically, while still using IC, and not
assembler to accomplish the whole task.  any more questions, dont be
afraid to ask.  good luck.

--
Justin D. Gullotta..
Undergraduate Research Project