 Robotics / Handy Board / 4871
Re: Extra output for clocking
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 00:39:12 GMT

Thanks for the advice on the ouput compare and portA.  What I realized was the CPU time is being shared by some many functions, like the LCD printing, IR, PWM, that I'm not getting a fast enough pulse from the motor ports.  I disabled a lot of these features, and the stepper motors turned faster, but still not fast enough.  I tried doing bit_set and bit_clr on the pins you told me, and it works, but I think the problem is that I'm still working inside the interpreter, which slows down the pulsing.  I'm not sure if I can use the PWM somehow to do the pulsing.  Do you or does anyone know if I can vary the freq. of the PWM so I can use that as a clocking signal?   For incorporating assembly code, does the interpreter bypass that code and thus allow me to perform those functions faster? I'm not too sure how IC handles assembly code.

Thanks again for your help.

-Hugo