 Robotics / Handy Board / 484
483  |  485
Subject:
Question on analog(). Negative voltage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 1996 13:18:10 GMT

Last time, I learned that the values of analog() corresponds to the
voltage between 0 and 5.  What if the signal to the analog port is
a negative voltage.  For example, -2 volt ?  In that case, does that
mean I have to use another formula or make some electronic circuit ?
One application of this is to capture the signal from the speaker
and then use the robot to recognize the signal.

As for the Rug Warrior, it has such function.  For example 0 volt
means analog()=128 and watever of negative voltage is analog()<128.
Whatever of positive voltage is analog()>128.

Any mail on ways to do it would be of great appreciated.  Thank you.