 Robotics / Handy Board / 4835
4834  |  4836
Subject:
Extra output for clocking
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 01:27:46 GMT

I have a stepper motor controlled by a Motorola MC3479 driver, which basically allows me to input a clock and the direction from the handyboard and the driver does the sequencing.  So I'm using 2 pins from the HB's motor output for controlling the stepper motor.

The problem is the pulsing for the clock from the motor output is not fast enough and thus the motor turns too slow.  I've tried just doing a fd(0) and then bk(0), without a sleep(x) to obtain the maximum pulsing, but it seems there's a limit to how fast the HB can pulse the motor drivers.

My question is can I use just one pin directly from the HC11 that can provide the clock signal to the MC3479 chip? I would assume I have to do a poke or bit_set?  I'm looking at the shchematics and I see that PB7 seems to be not connected.  Can I use that?  Or is there a simpler solution to all of this?

This is for micromouse project due in a month.  So any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

-Hugo Robertson