 Robotics / Handy Board / 4832
4831  |  4833
Subject:
Good 9V motor source
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 22:41:46 GMT

Hi all....I'm looking for a good source of 9V gear motors that i could
use with the handyboard for a mobile robot.  Currently, i am just using
the little 9v motors that came with the board, which i have plugged into
the cheap gearbox from a toy tank, and it is starting to fall apart.
ive found that building the drive system is the most frustrating part of
all my projects, and i was wondering what others have used and where
they've gotten parts.  i was considering modifying servos, but large
enough ones tend to be upwards of $60 each, and i need 2.
Any advice on good drive systems would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

-Chris Johnson
GC Marshall High School,
and just enrolled at Georgia Tech!