 Robotics / Handy Board / 4734
Re: motor port problem .
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 14:00:48 GMT

Philip
      I would first suspect that the motor chip has blown.  This is eash to
check since the Handy board has two L293 chips.  Swap them (disconnect your
motor connections) and run testmotors().  If the problem follows the chips,
replace the bad one.  (You might want to buy a small stock of extra L293
chips.)  If the problem does not follow the chips, I would suspect the 68HC11
chip.  You will probably need an osciloscope to be sure, but start at the
inputs to the L293 and trace back to the chip to be sure of the signal your
getting.  (There is a 74374 and 7404 that you will need to check.  You will
find all this documented in the Handy Board Technical Reference manual.  See
page 49 for details on the motor drive.

Pherd