 Robotics / Handy Board / 4729
RE: Which M68HC11 to use
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 09:35:00 GMT

I am using the E1FN version myself without any problems (after getting
through some problems during implementation). I believe that the F
describes the type of package used (square version as needed on the
'standard' board).

Ronald

----------
From: Jim Tompkins[SMTP:tompkins@oct.net]
Sent: dinsdag 17 november 1998 0:31
To: handyboard@media.mit.edu
Subject: Which M68HC11 to use

I am planning to build a HandyBoard, and am in the "Gathering Stage".
just recieved the docs from Motorola; the "HC11 Reference Manual", and
the "MC68HC11A8 Programming Reference Guide". The Parts list for the
HandyBoard calls out for the MC68HC11A1FN.

The Reference Manual (in section 2.2.1) says the -A8 is the same as
the
-A0 and -A1 except that the disabling of the internal ROM and/or
EEPROM
is determined in the non-volatile config register.

Please let me know if I interpreted this correcly. I have NOOO HC11
experience!

Questions:

1. Will the -A8 as opposed to the -A1 work with the HandyBoard?
2. Has anyone adapted the HB for use with the HC11F1 or HC11K4?
3. Is the "FN" (in ref to the part listing) just a vendor code?