 Robotics / Handy Board / 4676
4675  |  4677
Subject:
Follow-up on DS1233 problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 02:46:03 GMT

Hello, all:

    Just following-up on yesterday's message about the HB resetting during
the initial download.

    Removing the DS1233 and replacing it with a reset switch produces a
working configuration. There was also one stuck digital input, but swapping
the HC11 corrected that.

    How important is the DS1233? I know that it holds the HC11 in a RESET
state until the voltage stabilizes, but if the robot is under physical
control, I don't see a danger. Some sort of motor power interlock would do
the trick.

    But, since I'd like everything just so, does anyone have a spare DS1233?

Rich Cini/WUGNET
  - ClubWin!/CW7
  - MCP Windows 95/Windows Networking
  - Collector of "classic" computers