 Robotics / Handy Board / 4633
Re: Other LCDs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 03:34:01 GMT

---wengd@optionshealthcare.com wrote:

Can someone point me in the direction of using a 20 x 4 LCD.  I saw a
reference on the HB website about recompiling the IC source with a
command line switch specifying the LCD dimensions.  What do need to
recompile, only the P_code.s19 file??  How do I accomplish this???

Any help or suggestions appreciated.
-Drew

I just did this.

First you need the source code for IC, the compiler, and apparently
Unix since the source code requires
some pre-processing and the script to do that works
under Unix (which I don't have).

An alternative method requires the source code, the
*.s19 file and the 68HC11 pink book and some determination (I have
that).  I edited the *.s19 file and replaced the appropriate numbers
(4 or 5 places) to let the program work with a 4 by 20 display.

Due to the way that the display maps the memory to
the displayed lines you have to print:
"The first line      The third line
The second line      The fourth line"
to get the proper order of the display.

-Craig

(maybe I could have just asked Newton Labs but
that would have be too easy....)