 Robotics / Handy Board / 4619
Re: Implementation question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 20:15:05 GMT

Hi All!

I'm having exactly the same problem! The download seem to work correctly
but after switching off and on the board again it seem not to start over.

I have momentarily used another reset device. I dont know exactly the
specification but it seem not to wait for 350ms to put the reset.

My suspect is this reset device - i will get the DS1233-10 soon and hope it
will
work then.

What i'm using is another LCD, but also based on the HD44780 controller,
what i think
is the important point.

Another thing i'm sure about if it is correct is that the current on the
board is only about
4.8volt (measure with an old analog device). Maybe the DC adapter i'm using
has not enough
power. Its build for 12V/1.25A but does only give about 11.0V although with
or without the handy
board connected.

Has anybody a idea what to do?
Is it a good sign if the download-mode does work and the second line of the
LCD is black?
Can the software be the problem?

Bye
Bernd