 Robotics / Handy Board / 4555
Re: Basic Sensor Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 22:07:13 GMT

You were right, also it seems my board is wired incorrectly analog(0)
controls the connector marked 7 on the hb.

Thanks for your help!

Julian
-----Original Message-----
From: Scott R. Harris <srharris@phoenix.Princeton.EDU>
To: Julian Porter <jporter@mindspring.com>
Cc: handyboard@media.mit.edu <handyboard@media.mit.edu>
Date: Wednesday, October 21, 1998 5:54 PM
Subject: Re: Basic Sensor Question

It sounds like you've got the switch between +5V and GND. What pins
exactly are you connecting to?

The sensor connections Are like this:

       _ _    _
       G +    I
       N 5    N
       D V    P

You dont need a resistor to use a microswitch.  The HB inputs have pull-up
resistors, so all you need to do is connect the input to GND to make it go
low.

-Scott Harris