 Robotics / Handy Board / 4503
4502  |  4504
Subject:
Mailing list advantages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 13:54:18 GMT

Fred,

I agree...There is no need to go to a newsgroup.  I prefer the mailing list.
Here are some reasons why:

1) No spam!   Yeah!!!!
2) You don't get alot of lurkers who occasionally spout off just to critisize
(sp?) someone's difficulty with the english language or other un-related
issues.
3) These messages tend to stay Very focused.
4) Fred has alot of control over the list users (to keep out blatently
commercial hawkers, the bad ones anyway...)
5) the list is easier for me to get on than a newsgroup.  If there is a
newsgroup that I want, and it isn't already in the newsgroup list, I have to
ask my ISP to add it and it often takes a Loooooong time till I get access.
6) With a decent email program (Try Eudora Pro), you can get all these
messages saved into a certain folder.
7) This list was started by Fred and he is nice enough to be answering
questions.  So, he can do it whichever way he feels most comfortable. It's his
show.