 Robotics / Handy Board / 4491
4490  |  4492
Subject:
(no subject)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 23:49:25 GMT

Dear HandBoard list's Members>

I am using your Handy Board and I have some questions:

1) I have been trying to use the infrared subsystem. However,
i have got some problems. First I load the "sony-ir.icb" and my
single program which looks like this:

main()
{

   sony_init(1);
   while (1)
     if (cod=ir_data(999)!=0)
printf("Code from SONY remote control: %d\n",cod);
}

Next, when I run this program in the HB, it receives the signal from
the sony RC however, BUT it only receive yes or no
(i mean: pressed or not pressed, 1 if pressed or nothing)
My question is: How can i get/receive  the specific code sent by the RC??
or what is wrong with my sample program??

2) Can i connect more then one infrared receiver?, if yes,
How?

3) The HB has special routines for conrolling ONE servo-motor.
If  i get more servo/motors, could i control them by using other
analog ports? if yes, How?.

4) The HB provides an infrared output, however, in the HB technical
reference you say "the output circuit requires an external infrared LED"
(page 23). you mean that using the current facility is not enough to operate?
where should be the "external infrared LED" connected to? to same analog
port or is it more complicated??

Thank you,

John

John A. Atkinson-Abutridy