 Robotics / Handy Board / 4483
Re: driving stepper motors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 14:28:54 GMT

Look up the datasheet for the SGS-Thomson L297, they have a complete circuit
diagram for a stepper motor driver there.

r.farnhill@bssl.co.uk wrote:

Hi all,

I have nearly completed building my handy board and have come across a
couple of stepper motors that i would like to use
to drive my robot.

Motor spec's are  :-
2 Phase 6V 1.2A 1.8Deg step

Is there any way of interfacing the handy board to drives these things?
I realize i will probably need some external drive circuit to cope with the
current load. Has anyone got any designs to this?

Cheers Russ.......