 Robotics / Handy Board / 4436
  IC Programming.

Hi all, Does anyone know how to convert floating point variables to integers in IC? I want to use the control the motor using an algorithm. However, that algorithm always return a floating point number, and motor(m,p) can only use integer p. Keith (26 years ago, 29-Sep-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: IC Programming.

(...) Converting between types is called casting, and it goes like this: float f = 4.6; int i = (int) f; /* should assign 4 to i, I think */ f = (float) i; /* ought to assign 4.0 to f */ I'm not certain, but usually casting a float to an integer (...) (26 years ago, 30-Sep-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)