 Robotics / Handy Board / 4408
Re: Motor Output
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 23:40:40 GMT

At 11:13 AM 9/24/98 -0700, you wrote:

Dear All,

I've problem trying to power 12V 4A DC motors directly from HB.

1) Has anyone try this (4A) with TI SN754410 (piggy back them) ?
2) How do I connect the external diode to L298 ?

Regards,
keong :-)

The solution is really simple.  All you have to do is run the power from
the motor outputs to a relay.  This relay will activate another circuit
(an automatic switch with power detected from motor outputs)which has
your 12DC 4A motors AND it's own power source.

If you would like help with using a relay, just ask!

hehehe!! Have you ever tried to do PWM with a relay? ;)
Sounds like a buzzer... and is not quite healthy for the relay...

Use LMD18200!!... altrough they are limited to 3A with a 5A peak... Can
somebody tell us if we can put two LMD18200 in parallel?

|  Remi Desrosiers
| "My Youth in Arcadia"       ICQ# 7228856
|  harlock@videotron.ca
.  remi.desrosiers@polymtl.ca
.
.