 Robotics / Handy Board / 4400
Re: Digital Output
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 15:09:35 GMT

Check out:

http://el.www.media.mit.edu/groups/el/projects/handy-board/faq/index.html#digout

Thanks,
Joe Hoffmann
E-Mail jhoffman@it.sait.ab.ca

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Mark Limb wrote:

Hi,
I am working on a totally autonomous sumo wrestling robot, using the HB
as its brain.  I have interfaced sensors to it, and even designed a high
current motor driver circuit to directly interface to the existing L293D
inputs (Info available on request).  My main problem is, I have designed
an Infra Red proximity sensor based on a sharp TV IR demodulator.  This
reciever recieves 600 microsecond pulses modulated using a 38KHz
carrier.  I have generated the 38kHz carrier using a 555 timer chip, and
I am using the HB to pulse this wave at 600 microsecond intervals.  To
do this I need a digital output port, as 9 of the HC11 digital ports are
assigned to inputs, I was wondering what the easiest way to access two
digital outputs, (SPI an option?),

Thanks for your help
Joshua Wherrett