 Robotics / Handy Board / 439
FW: 6 servos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 22 May 1996 13:19:25 GMT
MSI: Sean Cunningham <sean@msiconsulting.SPAMCAKEcom>

This would be a very powerful enhancement to the handy-board.  It would
obviously allow easy communication between the HC11 and PIC boards.
Since my application will use 2+ PICs in addition to the Handyboard, it
would allow easy networking of all 3 boards if the handy could
send/receive serial on a port other than development one.

I also thought of using the 16C84 on the expansion board to provide a
serial interface to the handyboard.

The boards take serial input (2400 or 9600 baud).  It is
straightforward to write a 6811 assembly routine to output such serial
signals on an arbitrary digital output.  If no one else does so, I
will write such a routine in the next few weeks, making the HB fully
capable of driving Scott's servo board.

[snip]