 Robotics / Handy Board / 4384
Re:
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 02:24:43 GMT

Hi,all
I am trying to write neural-fuzzy code for avioding of obstacle. I am
using handy board. I never wrote a code for fuzzy logic. can anybody
suggest me any good site on web for fuzzy logic or any book or any code
which he has written.

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Sincerely,
Javaid Iqbal

There's many ways you can approach obstacle avoiding.

There are neural nets, evolutionary code (incl. genetic programming and
genetic algorithms), finite state machines, and there's hard-coding it into
the program (which, of course is no fun at all but such a headache saver!).

I have some code available, somewhere, that I can dig up - I have a
hard-code version in IC, an evolving FSM code in C++, and a half-finished
evolving parse tree in IC (note: use a more recent edition that has
multi-dimensional arrays. so much easier). I don't know about the neural
nets - I tend not to use them unless it's absolutely necessary (like in
my new 3d tartaurus project). Though, one of the people I had a class
with last spring has code for that using evolving neural nets, I believe.

-kate

---
Kate
krasing@iastate.edu