 Robotics / Handy Board / 4353
Re: [Interactive C features]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 05:28:17 GMT

[Randy Sargent] spake unto the ether:

You can also upgrade to IC 3.1/3.2.  Among the improvements include
support for multidimensional arrays.

Sigh.  I can't forsee our Autonomous Robotics course buying
15 copies of IC 3.x or greater until it supports case/switch.  It's
the only feature that our students using freeware 2.81 really complain
that they miss.  #defines are nice, but global variables in ALL_CAPITALS
work just as well from a code maintenance standpoint; the other advanced
features (multi-dimensional arrays, advanced pointer stuff) just isn't
useful to our students.

Could you please make adding case/switch a priority for IC 3.x
or greater?

*Rich*
--
Richard F. Drushel, Ph.D.            | "Aplysia californica" is your taxonomic
Department of Biology, Slug Division | nomenclature.  /  A slug, by any other