 Robotics / Handy Board / 4335
Re: Infrared Detector
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 21:23:45 GMT

Victor Ruiz wrote:

Hi Rick;
I apreciated your response too much. Do you have the part number for
the infrared detector?

The most common metal can IR detectors are made by Sharp.  The older ones I have
are marked GP1U5X2 (with pins coming out the back of the can), but the newer ones I
have are part number GP1U58Y (and have pins coming out of the bottom of the can).
I also see that DigiKey sells a metal can IR detector made by LiteOn, and lists
them with a part number LT1060.

I think the only real concern is to make sure the IR detector is for a frequency of
40KHz, and is rated for 5V operation.

If someone else out there can shed more light on substitute part numbers, please
speak up.

Later,

    Rick