 Robotics / Handy Board / 4326
Re: 32K static CMOS RAM bad?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 17:27:44 GMT

Bill James wrote:

I am having some problems with my handyboard and before going out and buying a
new chip, I thought I might get some confirmation. The board works okay, but no
longer stores the program. I can download the pcode and it stays when the board
is powered down. But if I download a small program it is lost after powerdown.
It will run the program okay, I just cant reset it. The programs that I am
downloading are not very big.

I was thinking it was the SRAM, being that it is what holds the programs when
the board is powered off.

It sounds like the SRAM is just fine.

Is your battery charged up???

If so, you may want to check out the battery backup circuit for the SRAM.  In the
HB assembly instructions there is a test to verify that the SRAM has voltage to it
even when the HB is switched off.  I would suggest rerunning that test.

Later,

    Rick