 Robotics / Handy Board / 4283
Re: windows nt and hb
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 8 Aug 1998 12:30:03 GMT

the advise of turning off the serial port under NT was only to enable
using the IC DOS apps.

if you are using contemporary software tools, then it is not necessary
to do so.

just access the serial port according to the recommended manner.

fred

In your message you said:

hi

i have a java app which gets input from the serial port via
jni (java native interface) and c++.

i'd like to get input from 4 photo sensors via the handyboard.

however, i read in the FAQ that because i'm running
windows nt, i will need to "turn off" the COM port
in order for the hb downloader/ic to work.

but i need to be able to access the COM port from
within my dll which holds my native code.

is there a way to make this work?

thanks,

sawad