 Robotics / Handy Board / 4247
4246  |  4248
Subject:
speed of the board
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 3 Aug 1998 19:23:40 GMT

     Hi guys,

     I am worried about the 2MHz clock speed of the HB.  The robot that I
     am building has a mouse in the bottom of it and I am writing the
     program to read the number of digital pulses and calculate the
     position relative to the starting point.  There are many square roots
     and unit vector additions in the calculations.
     Do you think the above speed is good enough for the job?

     I know the E series 6811 runs at a faster clock speed.  So can I
     replace the 6811 chip and the oscillator and get a faster performing
     controller board?  If yes, please let me know where to get the parts
     and things to know when making the change.

     Thanks every body,
     -anton